Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So I Found a Job Online and Sent an Email. (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45117)

TGPII 04-27-2012 08:27 AM

So I Found a Job Online and Sent an Email.

So I found a job online and sent an email. I got a response back saying there were interested They said they will call me after 10:00 am (Central Tine Zone). It is now after 10:00 am. Does this mean any time after 10:00 am? Do I have to sit by the phone all day? Should I call them? I sent them an email and told them that it would be great if they called me. :confused:

MarinaVanessa 04-27-2012 08:51 AM

According to your post they said they would call you after 10:00am so yes that means at any time after 10:00am.

familyschoolcare 04-27-2012 04:43 PM

Are they calling on a phone number they can leave a message for? If so do not worry about waiting by the phone if they call and leave a message then when you return it give the best times to call you oveer the next two days.

TGPII 04-30-2012 06:39 AM

When I was new to ECE I would go on an interview and get hired. I was then told to g

When I was new to ECE I would go on an interview and get hired. I was then told to get my hiring packet/portfolio (transcript, physical, finger prints ETC)done.

Now I go on an interview I hand them my packet/portfolio with everything already done. They say we will check your references/portfolio and get back to you next week. Next week comes and I hear nothing.

Why? :confused:

MarinaVanessa 04-30-2012 09:37 AM

There could be several reasons.
  • You are underqualified for the position that they are looking to fill.
  • You are overqualified for the position they are looking to fill
  • Other applicants have more experience/training
  • Other applicants do better during their interviews

I mean there's many reasons why they aren't calling you back, so many in fact that we could literally be here all day listing them all. Times are tough right now and many people are applying and fighting for jobs so businesses are in the position to be able to be extremely picky. People apply for jobs that are less than ideal for them only because they need a job and they are willing to do anything for a paycheck.

For example, I have a friend that is a Kindergarten teacher and because of budget cuts she was laid off. She tried to find a teaching job but couldn't so she started applying at daycare centers even though she's way overqualified to do that. She was hired as a master teacher right away because she has so much teaching training and experience. She said that the daycare center only had the one position to fill and they had over 150 applicants. She got the job pretty much because she was the only applicant that had ever been a real teacher for the school system. There was nothing wrong with the other applicants, she just had more bonuses to offer KWIM?

I think that if you really want to know you should call and ask the hiring manager and ask them yourself. Only they will be able to really answer your question.

"Hi my name is _____ and I applied for the ____ position. I had an interview last week and did not receive a call-back. Have you filled the position? (if they answer yes) I see, well thank you for considering me for the position. I was hoping to get some feedback from you, if you have the time, so that I can somehow make improvements. Can you tell me what was lacking in me that made you choose a different applicant over me?" etc.

The key is being very polite. You never know, they might be impressed that you really care about improving yourself that they may keep you in mind for a later position. The tone of voice and words that you use are extremely important when speaking to a hiring manager. Good luck.

TGPII 05-01-2012 08:42 AM

I have a few job interviews this week any advice? One is for a p/t job. Two are for

I have a few job interviews this week any advice? One is for a p/t job. Two are for F/T. The one place that I would like the job at I called back from some phone/email traffic of last week. They said they got my messages. (So why didn't they respond?) It is a full time small national chain in an area I am trying to relocate to. One is at a private montessori school grades birth through 8th grade. It is p/t. One is at a mom and pop daycare I think it is f/t.
Anyways I got an interview with them. Any advice.:confused: