Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pictures of Our Spaces (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24391)

Blackcat31 12-15-2010 01:23 PM

Pictures of Our Spaces

Since we have all had lessons on posting images..LOL!! and I've seen a few really neat pictures of other people coat hooks and entryways, I thought it would be cool (and I'm curious) if we shared some photos of our spaces....It is cool to see new ideas and share :D

Blackcat31 12-15-2010 01:31 PM

had to do it in two postings...here is some more

DCMomOf3 12-15-2010 01:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is mine.

KEG123 12-15-2010 01:41 PM

Very nice you two!

Blackcat- where did you get those colorful cubbies in the first picture? I love those!

Blackcat31 12-15-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by KEG123:
Very nice you two!

Blackcat- where did you get those colorful cubbies in the first picture? I love those!

My DH is a furniture/cabinet maker. He made the cubbies and they were white for a long time until I decided we needed color. He also made my oak table and the chairs and he made the 1/2 door that separates my entry from the kitchen. I just showed him the prices for those things in the Lakeshore catalog and he said "Ah, I'll make some for you" :D

Crystal 12-15-2010 02:15 PM

for some reason this won't letme post pics because I have posted them before HERE:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showth...light=pictures

Preschool/daycare teacher 12-15-2010 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My DH is a furniture/cabinet maker. He made the cubbies and they were white for a long time until I decided we needed color. He also made my oak table and the chairs and he made the 1/2 door that separates my entry from the kitchen. I just showed him the prices for those things in the Lakeshore catalog and he said "Ah, I'll make some for you" :D

I absolutely LOVE the cubbies and that nice oak table! I wonder how much he would normally charge someone for them? Seriously, when/if I open my own daycare, I'd love to have some cubbies like this.

Abigail 12-15-2010 05:15 PM

Blackcat: Who did your Pooh Bear murals? LOVE THEM!

As for the cubbies, Fleet farm was selling those 3 or 4 shelf bookcases for only $10 on Black Friday instead of $20....those would have been awesome to lay sideways, securing each shelf, and adding hooks.

KEG123 12-15-2010 05:47 PM

Yeah i want some. :D

Blackcat31 12-16-2010 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Abigail:
Blackcat: Who did your Pooh Bear murals? LOVE THEM!

Thanks! :)
I had it done 5 years ago, I called the High School and asked the art teacher if she had any student who was interested in painting a mural on a wall. I offered to pay and I bought all the necessary supplies. The teacher was so interested in the concept that she told the 2 boys who volunteered to do it that they could either take the pay I offered or take a grade for it and they both chose to take the credit in school so I only had to pay for supplies. I also put a photo of the end product in the local newspaper so the two boys could get some publicity for their work. Worked for all of us and the kids really love the room. I catch little ones periodically talking to Pooh or especially Rabbit if they are on the climber. It's really cute. :) I have another room I am thinking of having done so I am going to call the school again and hope that someone in this years group of students might be interested again....we'll see

And on a side note: if anyone is seriously interested and wants anything built, my DH would consider shipping anywhere!! He always says "If you can dream it, I can build it." :) He is a perfectionist and does everything very meticulously. He builds very high quality things at an affordable price.

laundrymom 12-16-2010 08:43 AM

wishing I had his skill ,.. I built mine all by myself and they are NO way near as pretty as his,..lol.

I had it done 5 years ago, I called the High School and asked the art teacher if she had any student who was interested in painting a mural on a wall. I offered to pay and I bought all the necessary supplies. The teacher was so interested in the concept that she told the 2 boys who volunteered to do it that they could either take the pay I offered or take a grade for it and they both chose to take the credit in school so I only had to pay for supplies. I also put a photo of the end product in the local newspaper so the two boys could get some publicity for their work. Worked for all of us and the kids really love the room. I catch little ones periodically talking to Pooh or especially Rabbit if they are on the climber. It's really cute. :) I have another room I am thinking of having done so I am going to call the school again and hope that someone in this years group of students might be interested again....we'll see

And on a side note: if anyone is seriously interested and wants anything built, my DH would consider shipping anywhere!! He always says "If you can dream it, I can build it." :) He is a perfectionist and does everything very meticulously. He builds very high quality things at an affordable price.

MG&Lsmom 12-16-2010 09:46 AM

I want those cubbies and the table too! But I have no where to put them, lol!

I use my whole house and right now 1/2 my supplies are in the basement to make room for the Christmas tree. Once it's all set up again I'll have to take some pictures.

booroo 12-16-2010 10:36 AM

Grand idea... thanks....

Can you please guide us to a website for your dh!!! I would soooooo love to have some stuff done!!!

littlesunshinesdaycare 12-17-2010 04:01 PM

Here are some of mine
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture381.jpg

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture383.jpg

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture382.jpg

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture380.jpg

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture379.jpg

Sprouts 12-18-2010 12:02 PM

Two rooms

I have two rooms, one sunny big room and one smaller room that doesnt get as much sun, I was thinking about making the smaller room like an "arts and crafts" room and the bigger one with stations and stuff...any ideas and thoughts, will gladly take them =)

Michael 12-18-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mstein:
I have two rooms, one sunny big room and one smaller room that doesnt get as much sun, I was thinking about making the smaller room like an "arts and crafts" room and the bigger one with stations and stuff...any ideas and thoughts, will gladly take them =)

Welcome to the forum Mstein!

Former Teacher 12-19-2010 10:22 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but I may take you up on the offer. I bought a thimble case (I collect British Royal Family memorabilia) years ago on eBay and it is so cheaply made, its not even funny and I paid good money for it. Maybe after the holidays :)

AnythingsPossible 12-20-2010 05:04 AM

Blackcat31, you do daycare out of a seperate house right? Do you own that home or rent it?? I sometimes wonder if i could tolerate daycare better if it wasn't in my house. Now that all my kids are older and in school, my reasons for working from home aren't quite the same!!

Blackcat31 12-20-2010 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Not to hijack the thread, but I may take you up on the offer. I bought a thimble case (I collect British Royal Family memorabilia) years ago on eBay and it is so cheaply made, its not even funny and I paid good money for it. Maybe after the holidays :)

Just PM me anytime and I will give you the contact info... :)not to toot my hubby's horn but he is a perfectionist so he stands behind all his work and everyhting is built much like craftsmen did in the previous century...very well and with great care.

Originally Posted by WyoDaycareMom:
Blackcat31, you do daycare out of a seperate house right? Do you own that home or rent it?? I sometimes wonder if i could tolerate daycare better if it wasn't in my house. Now that all my kids are older and in school, my reasons for working from home aren't quite the same!!

Yes, I do daycare out of a home I do not live in....I do own it and pay roughly $550 per month plus utilities. There are a million positives for doing it this way and only a few downfalls and I truly admire, respect and feel a little sorry for those who run a busy childcare from their own homes. My DH grew up in a family of 5 boys who's own mom did childcare 24/7 so when I mentioned opening up a childcare he freaked!! LOL! :eek: We both love kids and only have 2 of our own but owning a separate space was my plan because I really am working towards running and being licensed as a center so I can do pre-school only. (I am almost done with my Bachelor's degree)

I love not having to be "at work" when I am off, I love being able to shut the door and walk away after a long and tiresome day, I love that my own kids could be with me but could choose to go home after school (DH works at home)(they are 19 and 22 now) My kids never had to share personal belongings and I have nothing personal or any heirlooms that could get broken. I love that when I say I am closing or opening, parents know I am serious because I don't live here...I love that I have NO big people sized furniture. I love if I have a few days where kids are pukey or sickly, I can clean and go HOME...HOME: where no one has wiped boogers, no one has peed on the floor, no one has puked on my rub and no one has left sticky fingerprints all over my grandma's old quilt...and I have a full roll of toilet paper!! :D I have 2 cats and a GIANT St. Bernard at home but don't have to worry about any of the kids being allergic or notifying families of our pets etc. I also love that EVERYTHING is tax detuctible....once the house is paid off...I have some assets toward retirement.
My DH hates that he has to fix two house, mow two lawns and snowplow two driveways, but he'll take it over the alternative. He comes into town to the daycare for lunch everyday and gives me a hand...he also comes in and spoils the kids abit so it is fun for us both.
All in all though I would NEVER do it any other way! I have a friend who does daycare and I just talked her into renting a house and moving her business out of her home....I think it will be a good move.

KEG123 12-20-2010 07:56 AM

Just PM me anytime and I will give you the contact info... :)not to toot my hubby's horn but he is a perfectionist so he stands behind all his work and everyhting is built much like craftsmen did in the previous century...very well and with great care.

Yes, I do daycare out of a home I do not live in....I do own it and pay roughly $550 per month plus utilities. There are a million positives for doing it this way and only a few downfalls and I truly admire, respect and feel a little sorry for those who run a busy childcare from their own homes. My DH grew up in a family of 5 boys who's own mom did childcare 24/7 so when I mentioned opening up a childcare he freaked!! LOL! :eek: We both love kids and only have 2 of our own but owning a separate space was my plan because I really am working towards running and being licensed as a center so I can do pre-school only. (I am almost done with my Bachelor's degree)

I love not having to be "at work" when I am off, I love being able to shut the door and walk away after a long and tiresome day, I love that my own kids could be with me but could choose to go home after school (DH works at home)(they are 19 and 22 now) My kids never had to share personal belongings and I have nothing personal or any heirlooms that could get broken. I love that when I say I am closing or opening, parents know I am serious because I don't live here...I love that I have NO big people sized furniture. I love if I have a few days where kids are pukey or sickly, I can clean and go HOME...HOME: where no one has wiped boogers, no one has peed on the floor, no one has puked on my rub and no one has left sticky fingerprints all over my grandma's old quilt...and I have a full roll of toilet paper!! :D I have 2 cats and a GIANT St. Bernard at home but don't have to worry about any of the kids being allergic or notifying families of our pets etc. I also love that EVERYTHING is tax detuctible....once the house is paid off...I have some assets toward retirement.
My DH hates that he has to fix two house, mow two lawns and snowplow two driveways, but he'll take it over the alternative. He comes into town to the daycare for lunch everyday and gives me a hand...he also comes in and spoils the kids abit so it is fun for us both.
All in all though I would NEVER do it any other way! I have a friend who does daycare and I just talked her into renting a house and moving her business out of her home....I think it will be a good move.

I do like this idea, but in IL you have to run the daycare out of your own home.

Blackcat31 12-20-2010 08:02 AM

I do like this idea, but in IL you have to run the daycare out of your own home.

Really?! I wonder why? I mean it seems as though it would make more sense to not do it in your home. I am not saying anyone's house or home is unsafe but I have EVERYTHING kid-size and nothing big here. I hardly even keep cleaning supplies in the house. Nothing like medications or personal produsts, no personal items, no junk drawers, no tools, no toiletries, no toys from my older kids.....only things directly related to kids...so that is a weird rule.....

SilverSabre25 12-20-2010 08:10 AM

Blackcat, if we ever have the money, and the house next door is up for sale/rent again, I would buy/rent it in a heartbeat if we had the money. That would be totally awesome to not have daycare here...not to mention truly having my own children's toys be SEPARATE from the daycare toys. Wow. Very yummy thought, there. I'm jealous of you!

Unfortunately, our finances suck right now and will for a lOOOONG time, until we get credit cards paid off and student loans paid off.

I did seriously consider looking into renting the house next door to us for daycare use, though--it's two bedrooms, one story, and the commute time is certainly right, lol.

Blackcat31 12-20-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Blackcat, if we ever have the money, and the house next door is up for sale/rent again, I would buy/rent it in a heartbeat if we had the money. That would be totally awesome to not have daycare here...not to mention truly having my own children's toys be SEPARATE from the daycare toys. Wow. Very yummy thought, there. I'm jealous of you!

Unfortunately, our finances suck right now and will for a lOOOONG time, until we get credit cards paid off and student loans paid off.

I did seriously consider looking into renting the house next door to us for daycare use, though--it's two bedrooms, one story, and the commute time is certainly right, lol.

renting isn't a bad option either...I am assuming that doing child care out of a separate home is a good thing because where I live there are 8 childcares run from homes where no one lives and I live in a town of only 7,000 people so it isn't a bad idea to think of renting next door.....especially for the commute! lol! Of the 8 we have in town here half rent. Alot of land lords like the long term stability and the fact that the home MUST remain in good shape and not in any type of disrepair so that is a plus for them. Also the long term rental idea is a security thing for landlords as well since most daycars don't like to move alot!! LOL! I would definitley consider renting too since it has all the same perks....(just no asset later since you rented instead of owned) We would never have had the finances either but we were lucky enough to rent the home for 2 years, establish my business and then the landlord took all the rental payments for those two years and applied it toward a down payment. Since I had a viable/profitable and established business to show the bank and the 2 yrs of payments as a down payment it made the financing work in our favor...

melskids 12-20-2010 08:55 AM

here in NY you have to live in the home as well.

thats not saying you couldnt "set up" the home to look like you lived in it.;)
i know someone who does that....

DCMomOf3 12-20-2010 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mstein:

That is a great idea! Do you use the small room for naps too?

Welcome!

AnythingsPossible 12-22-2010 04:55 AM

The home behind us is a rental, I'm going to contact the owner and ask him to get in touch with me when the current renters move out. People usually don't stay longer then 6 months in that place! Maybe it's the noisy neighbor with all those unruly kids behind them;) I truly feel that I could keep doing this if it wasn't in my home.
Here we used to be about half and half for people who run out of their home or have separate homes, but we have an a huge influx of providers, currently 26 in a town of 9,000. Kind of crazy. That is why I would rather rent then buy, atleast for awhile. It is a fight to get kiddos.

E Daycare 02-13-2011 10:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I took new pics over the weekend to update my online ads and thought Id share with you. My daycare also doubles as my DS downstairs play room. We have a large front foyer that we didnt know what the heck to do with it so I went to Ikea (Yes, I am that person, Ikea is my mistress) and bought a bunch of stuff to turn that room into his play room. Then I eventually fit in two pnp and a changing table for the two kids in my DC.

I originally wanted a space to hold all his toys so they wouldnt overtake our house. We have a 2300 sq foot house and I will admit, his toys have taken over. The front room has worked out great though and Ds loves it (as well as the rest of the kids) so it works for me too.

E Daycare 02-13-2011 10:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a few more. The camera is my live stream I use to watch the kids on my netbook if Im around the corner in the living room or kitchen and they are playing up front.

spud912 02-13-2011 07:46 PM

The Playroom:

The Nap Room (Sorry...could not rotate the image)

The Outdoor Play Structure (Again, could not rotate image):

Our Backyard:

(Pictures removed per member's request - Admin)

spud912 02-13-2011 08:30 PM

For some reason my images did not pull up.....

Little People 02-14-2011 03:20 AM

I really like that we all share our pictures of our daycare rooms:D, blackcat I love those cubbies!!

nannyde 02-14-2011 03:24 AM

Really?! I wonder why? I mean it seems as though it would make more sense to not do it in your home. I am not saying anyone's house or home is unsafe but I have EVERYTHING kid-size and nothing big here. I hardly even keep cleaning supplies in the house. Nothing like medications or personal produsts, no personal items, no junk drawers, no tools, no toiletries, no toys from my older kids.....only things directly related to kids...so that is a weird rule.....

Iowa law is that you must reside in the home. It is so that people don't start day cares, hire the care out, and not really run them. In Iowa you can have a license of as many as 16 total kids (with two being school aged the rest five and under) with two adults who meet the catagory qualifications.

This is enough kids to do sattelite site home cares to get around the Center rules and regs. The owner could make a nice profit if they had a small home meeting the meager home day care square footage per kid (35 sq. foot per kid total 560 square foot) and be able to easily hire two adults to run it. If you get a few houses in a row you could end up with a high concentration of traffic and young kids in an area that's not zoned for business.

Blackcat31 02-14-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by nannyde:
Iowa law is that you must reside in the home. It is so that people don't start day cares, hire the care out, and not really run them. In Iowa you can have a license of as many as 16 total kids (with two being school aged the rest five and under) with two adults who meet the catagory qualifications.

This is enough kids to do sattelite site home cares to get around the Center rules and regs. The owner could make a nice profit if they had a small home meeting the meager home day care square footage per kid (35 sq. foot per kid total 560 square foot) and be able to easily hire two adults to run it. If you get a few houses in a row you could end up with a high concentration of traffic and young kids in an area that's not zoned for business.

I guess that makes sense. I had never looked at it that way. Here we can have up to 14 kids with two adults (4 of the kids must be SA). We are also subjected to unannounced visits by our licensor so I suppose if we hired out the care she would be onto us.....it does ask in the licensing application who will be preforming the care and then before we can hire a substitute or helper they have to be listed on our application and we have to specify if they will be left alone ever with the kids and even then I think we can only leave someone alone with the kids for a limited amount of time.

I tried to get licensed as a center but was not able to because my building IS a house....if it were a big open building I could be a center but residential homes cannot be centers. My future plans are to demolish this house and build a center on the property but that is future thinking/dreaming/wishing. :)

DCMomOf3 02-14-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by ssam001:
For some reason my images did not pull up.....

Do you see them now?

spud912 02-14-2011 11:35 AM

Yep, I see them now :)

SunflowerMama 02-14-2011 11:44 AM

Love your setup ssam001!! So open and bright. I bet the kids love it!! I wish I had a large backyard:(. Yours is great and I love that outdoor playground!

spud912 02-14-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
Love your setup ssam001!! So open and bright. I bet the kids love it!! I wish I had a large backyard:(. Yours is great and I love that outdoor playground!

Thanks! I took the backyard during the most "frigid" time of the year here in Arizona...the beginning of January! While everyone is talking about snow, we go out in 60/70 degree temperatures.

DCMom 02-17-2011 07:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I hope it isn't too late to post photos of my daycare space. My dd had my camera for a photography project and I just got it back from her :)

Like everyone else, I like to see what others are doing!

DCMom 02-17-2011 07:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
And a few more ~

DCMomOf3 02-17-2011 07:19 AM

DCmom - I am jealous of your kitchen. I really wish I had an all-inclusive space.

Blackcat31 02-17-2011 07:20 AM

DCMOM...I have that same green mountain thing for cars....I also see your is missing the yellow looped track too! LOL!! My kids ripped it off immediately! They sell replacements on e-bay for like $14 but I figure they will just rip it off again so why bother....:p

Nice set up you have going on. I love your wooden old school kitchen center...I hate the plastic ones they have out now...the wooden ones are durable and I love them!!

Cat Herder 02-17-2011 08:00 AM

Wow!!! You guys have some amazing setups!!! :Sunny:

melskids 02-17-2011 08:35 AM

DCmom...i am jealous!!! it is sooo nice!!!

i love the wood kitchen too. i am trying to save up $ to get one right now. i hate the plastic ones too....

i love your kitchen table!!!! we are looking for something like that. right now we push the table up against the wall for more DC space, and a table like that w/ the benches would be perfect!! it would take up less space then the chairs.

omg! now i want to go shopping!!!!:eek:

momatheart 02-17-2011 09:05 AM

He does WONDERFUL WORK!

countrymom 02-17-2011 10:15 AM

dcmom, I love your set up, but I love your market the best, omg my kids would have a blast.

angelpayne24 02-17-2011 10:38 AM

i love all the pictures. once i get mine completed, ill have to share pictures too!

Abigail 02-17-2011 08:57 PM

DCMOM, did you have custom-made wooden shelves? Where did you get them at where they are only two shelves and extra wide?

DCMom 02-18-2011 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Abigail:
DCMOM, did you have custom-made wooden shelves? Where did you get them at where they are only two shelves and extra wide?

Not sure which ones you are talking about? None are custom, unless you count the ones made out of patio bricks and stair treads behind the market... :o

SunflowerMama 01-12-2012 06:05 AM

You can see a few pictures of my areas on my website under photo gallery.

http://www.littleacornchildcare.net/

karen 01-12-2012 11:16 AM

I love your setups!!! Berry Berry Nice!!!! I am jealous of blackcat's cubby's seriously if I pick up a hammer to attempt to fix something or oh my gosh build something it's just such a bad idea. Tools and I just don't get along. :D

awestbrook713 01-13-2012 05:25 AM

I live in a trailer so space is limited but I use it to the best of my ability!

Ok I want to upload 4 pictures and it won't let me any one have any ideas?

Meeko 01-13-2012 08:02 AM

Your set up is soooo like ours! I too, love to walk away at the end of the day and go home. I even go home to a huge dog too! ( We have a 200 pound Newfoundland and a Westie pup!) Only difference is here, the day care must be a home and lived in. But it works our great for us because our son lives at the day care. But he just uses two of the four bedrooms as his space. One is his bedroom and the other is his "living room". It's gated off so the kids never go down there.

Blackcat31 01-13-2012 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meeko60:
Your set up is soooo like ours! I too, love to walk away at the end of the day and go home. I even go home to a huge dog too! ( We have a 200 pound Newfoundland and a Westie pup!) Only difference is here, the day care must be a home and lived in. But it works our great for us because our son lives at the day care. But he just uses two of the four bedrooms as his space. One is his bedroom and the other is his "living room". It's gated off so the kids never go down there.

:lol: One of the things MN wants to change IF they vote union, is to eliminate family child care done in homes the license holder does not actually live in. :(

We have 7 in my town. :mad:

DCMom 01-13-2012 09:01 AM

:lol: One of the things MN wants to change IF they vote union, is to eliminate family child care done in homes the license holder does not actually live in. :(

We have 7 in my town. :mad:

I had not heard that. Where did you get the info? A separate house is in my long range plan; in fact, we do drive by's of houses that look like they may right to move the daycare into. It isn't that far in the future and that could ultimately effect my decision.

I'd like to check into this if you could point me in the right direction. Pretty please? :D:D:D

Blackcat31 01-13-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by DCMom:
I had not heard that. Where did you get the info? A separate house is in my long range plan; in fact, we do drive by's of houses that look like they may right to move the daycare into. It isn't that far in the future and that could ultimately effect my decision.

I'd like to check into this if you could point me in the right direction. Pretty please? :D:D:D

The Union rep coming to our area informed me of this. I have seen nothing in writing about it but I did attend an informational meeting in our area and confirmed it with the rep who facilitated the meeting. I cannot remember her name, as I walked out half way through the presentation (:o)

My DH and a few other "non-residential" provider's think it may have just been a scare tactic to get us all on board with signing those "informational" postcards that were supposedly "yes" votes in disguise..:confused:

I'll see what I can find though and get back to you... ;)

DCMom 01-13-2012 09:16 AM

Thank you! I am going to start asking some questions down in my part of the state and see what kind of answers I can get.

Mysteriously, my comments always seem to get deleted when I post on the CCPT and a certain tax experts' facebook pages...I'm not sure why :rolleyes:

Ariana 01-13-2012 09:22 AM

I love seeing everyone's space! I'll post some of mine for a limited time. I don't want anyone figuring out who I am ;)

I don't have cubbies because my daycare is in my basement so the kids take off outdoor clothes in my entryway and I carry it downstairs. I have this in my basement to hang everything:
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/images/pro...E229572_S4.JPG

Ariana 01-13-2012 09:23 AM

I'm sooooo sorry those images are so big :( I have no idea how to resize!!?

OK figured it out :P

Miss Karena 01-13-2012 10:12 AM

Looks welcoming!

Nice setup, your areas look very welcoming! It's inspiring, thank you for sharing.

MissK 01-20-2012 02:41 PM

So I am absolutely IN LOVE with your cubbys!!! Could you give me any kind of idea what it would cost me to get some of these? It looks like they are done in groups of 4...? So 2 groups of 4 would do me good and then in the future I may look for another group of 4. Let me know and maybe I can work it into the budget in the future!!

Blackcat31 01-20-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by MissK:
So I am absolutely IN LOVE with your cubbys!!! Could you give me any kind of idea what it would cost me to get some of these? It looks like they are done in groups of 4...? So 2 groups of 4 would do me good and then in the future I may look for another group of 4. Let me know and maybe I can work it into the budget in the future!!

Thank you! I will talk to DH tonight and let you know. Yes, they are done in groups of 4 and any combination is doable. They started white but I have a severe allergy to white...LOL!!:lol: so I had to paint them to brighten up the space.

MissK 01-20-2012 02:51 PM

I love how you painted them! 4 would be a great number for each section - At the beginning I'll only have 7 dck when I'm full since I'll be counting my own kiddos :) Remember to mention the good old MN neighbor discount... hehe ;) Thanks for looking into it for me! :)

Countrygal 01-20-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
You can see a few pictures of my areas on my website under photo gallery.

http://www.littleacornchildcare.net/

I love the eco-friendly idea! happyface

dave4him 01-20-2012 05:40 PM

wish my wife had higher hopes of me every turning the daycare bussiness into a thriving income source.... once our own kids are ready for school shes probably going to kick me back into the out of the house work force

MarinaVanessa 01-20-2012 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by dave4him:
wish my wife had higher hopes of me every turning the daycare bussiness into a thriving income source.... once our own kids are ready for school shes probably going to kick me back into the out of the house work force

Dave I knew you did daycare but I assumed that you did it with your wife. You do daycare on your own?? Sorry to hijack but I think it's great! I'd love to do an e-mail or PM interview with you some time to get in your brain about a man's perspective of daycare. I think a lot parents think it's "strange" for a male to do daycare especially if it's a FCC and without a wife in the home running it. My hope is to inform people of the benefits of men in childcare settings. Would it be okay if I PM'd you in a few weeks when I'm ready? pweeeeeeze?? :ouch:

dave4him 01-20-2012 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Dave I knew you did daycare but I assumed that you did it with your wife. You do daycare on your own?? Sorry to hijack but I think it's great! I'd love to do an e-mail or PM interview with you some time to get in your brain about a man's perspective of daycare. I think a lot parents think it's "strange" for a male to do daycare especially if it's a FCC and without a wife in the home running it. My hope is to inform people of the benefits of men in childcare settings. Would it be okay if I PM'd you in a few weeks when I'm ready? pweeeeeeze?? :ouch:

Anything for a California native..... And yes i do run my daycare on my own with my wifes almost complete approval. Three of the kids our our own so its a great way to keep them learning and happy while i protect them from germs... of course my twins have both been sick this month so im not sure how well thats working. Anyway pick away, i love talking :)

Piemama 01-23-2012 12:35 PM

Wow, everyone's daycare space is really nice. Makes me feel like I need to rearrange everything.

Sunflowermama, you have nice white wall book shelves. Did you make them? I've seen someone make some from raingutters.

SunflowerMama 01-23-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Piemama:
Wow, everyone's daycare space is really nice. Makes me feel like I need to rearrange everything.

Sunflowermama, you have nice white wall book shelves. Did you make them? I've seen someone make some from raingutters.

Yep those are raingutters;). Cost a total of $12 for all the supplies for 4 shelves. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!

MissK 01-23-2012 01:01 PM

I'm also loving the rain gutter bookshelves. We are ABSOLUTELY putting those in our house when we move!! I think I may paint them to make them a little more fun. Any tips on what kind of paint I should be looking for to paint over the vinyl?

kidkair 01-23-2012 03:10 PM

What my space currently looks like. It's our snow theme and we always have dinosaurs around so that's why there are dinos in the fake snow.
Toy room from entry way
https://www.daycare.com/forum/pictur...&pictureid=358
Toy room leading to dining room
https://www.daycare.com/forum/pictur...&pictureid=359
Dining room
https://www.daycare.com/forum/pictur...&pictureid=361
Dining room set up for lunch
https://www.daycare.com/forum/pictur...&pictureid=360

Provider_Manda 04-14-2012 11:54 AM

In Ohio to have a type B you also have to live in the home where you do daycare..Would love to be able not to have it in my home..But we make do :)