Daycare.com Forum

Daycare.com Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daycare Center and Family Home Forum (https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Christmas Party for Daycare Kids (https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23687)

Liliya 11-28-2010 03:43 PM

Christmas Party for Daycare Kids

Has any one done it before? Here is what I plan to do this year.
Instead of giving daycare kids a presents for Christmas,I want to do a gift exchange and have a party like on Saturday,no parents! only kids and it would be Christmas present for the parents,to have a night out,or go shopping with out children. I want it to be around December 16,not like right before Christmas. We will have a pizza,Santa visiting with bags of candies for kids,gift exchange.I need more ideas what else we can do and how long should it last?
We would be probably done in couple of hours,but I feel like for parents it is not enough time to do anything.
Any ideas? :)

boysx5 11-28-2010 04:15 PM

I do a small party here usually right before Christmas and give them their presents and have a few goodies. Your very nice to do it on the weekend I just don't have the time on the weekends I have five boys and we have sports so weekends are set aside for my family

Pammie 11-28-2010 05:10 PM

I have a younger group this year, so I'm having our party during daycare hours this year, but have done Saturday evening parties in the past - with a "pajama theme".

I had the kids all arrive about 5pm already in their favorite pajamas. I did a "breakfast" dinner - french toast stix, turkey bacon, fruit salad and milk for dinner. Then they all could frost and decorate a couple of sugar cookies - one to eat for dessert and a few to take home. After a couple of party games, they all cuddled up with a pillow and blanket and we watched holiday movies (Grinch, Rudolph, etc.) until pick-up time, which I set for about 11pm.

That gave the parents a nice evening to do shopping/wrapping or dinner/movie.

Unregistered 11-28-2010 05:32 PM

I do a parent night out on a Friday, pick up by 9:30 on Saturday. We do a fun dinner, Christmas craft, watch Christmas movies...

It's fun and it gives the parents some time to shop and even sleep in a little!

3kidsmom

Abigail 11-28-2010 07:27 PM

Do you charge extra for doing this on a Saturday?

momma2girls 11-29-2010 11:35 AM

This is a great idea on a Fri. evening or Sat. I do mine during daycare hrs. only.

Live and Learn 11-29-2010 11:41 AM

I don't do an actual party...just small activities and gifts as we get closer to Christmas....all during normal daycare hours.

Liliya 11-29-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you charge extra for doing this on a Saturday?

No, I would not charge,it is a gift for parents. :)

Liliya 11-29-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
This is a great idea on a Fri. evening or Sat. I do mine during daycare hrs. only.

This is what I did every year,but it is so hard with kids all different ages and our schedule,nap time. Just wanted to do something new.