View Single Post
Unregistered 09:08 AM 04-05-2013
I run my own day care and I charge for all stat holidays ..... for it would be like you not getting paid for your vacation which is added into you weekly pay.... or your boss closing for a month days and not paying you.... or say your boss say you need to come to work on the sat / sun when you normally do not and then says you are not being paid for those days..... what a lot of people forget is that all their extra pay ( vacation, sick, maternity, holiday, etc are added into their weekly pay... they are also entitled to sub or some for of pay while off work .... as for a lot of private daycares do not have that option ..... as well if a person works on the stat holiday they get paid time in half ..... I would really like to see or hear of a boss telling their employer that they need to work but will not get paid, or a supplier go to a company and say you need to take this product and sell it but you get nothing for it or how about a boss saying that you do not get to have any breaks or lunch and you need to work 12 hours strait and your only making $30 a day when most people are making $80 a day or more plus their vacation, stat holidays, retirment etc..... it does not and will not happen.... so why should you get paid for you staying home on holidays, vacation, maternity etc and the daycare providers do not..... I have had clients when I first started drop their children off at 6:00am and not pick up til 6:00pm on a holiday..... ( dad would sleep all day, mom would go shopping, pay bills, get hair & nails done massage, cook dinner, clean house etc) then come and complain that its way to hard to do any stuff when their child is with them ...... so because I was being taken advantage of from soooo many clients I added the stat holidays in my contract...... for why do I need to care for you child on any stat holiday while you get to do as you please and get paid.... are you willing to care for my child 5 days a week for me to show up when ever and not want to pay for late fees or holidays just so I can go shopping, get hair & nails , cook dinner, clean my house, etc..... I dont think so..... sorry for the rant .... but tired of people taking advantage of the hard working loving caring dedicated professional daycare providers........