View Single Post
daycare 11:52 PM 04-12-2012
PT is a very difficult milestone to cross with your child or daycare children

Here is your out.
I tell parents only first stage of PT is being able to pull pants and pull up both up and down. The child also must be able to get on the toilet without assistance.
This is stage 1.

Then once that is mastered, I will try to have them go in at every 1.5 hours or when they say they have to go.
I will try for two weeks max. If I see no progress. PT is stopped. The child is not ready. I will give it a break and we will try again in 3 weeks.

IME every child I have every potty trained has taken about a week to PT. PT is one of the only things that as parents and provider we have no control over.
We can't control it and can't force it.

We also must take into consideration that their bladders and other parts down there must be fully matured in order to even start the process. This means that's the child understands what that pressure in their bladder or rectum is telling them and they can control the start and stop of both 1 and 2.

Right now tell yourself No more special. sTop tht right now. You are already on burn out. Follow your PHB to the T and demand your parents do the same
It's not too late.

I have done what you did and I get several cyber smacks from the Vets on here to get me to stop. Hugs to you and chin up. You can make it trough this.

Also. I don't care how old. Every child must wear protective lining over underwear until accident free for 2 weeks