View Single Post
daycare 07:55 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
Thanks ladies, I do feel better after reading what you have to say. I hope today will be a better day! I am going to take them at intervals and see how that goes, and if it's no good then I will write up a letter for everyone at naptime and send it home with everyone to think about over the weekend.

I have a fear of losing clients when I don't cater to everyone. I have never lost a client and I don't know when I can draw the line and when I can stick up for myself. I think I am going to have no choice but to put my foot down on this one though, because I know for a fact that I cannot continue the current level I am providing. I need to remind the parents that I am a group care provider, not a personal nanny.

Oh the things we learn the first year!
sweetie this is where you are wrong..... YOu are not in the service of catering to everyone. YOu are a business that offers a certain service, that may or may not offer what everyone wants or needs. AND that is ok.

Like me. I offer services for children 20 months to 5 years of age not enrolled in school. I have parents that have one child here and a younger child in a different daycare. I don't offer the service they need for littles, so they have to go else where.

It's like going to mac donalds and asking for a starbucks coffee. Do you really think they are going to go and get it for you so that they will keep you as a customer. Oh heck no. they will either offer you their services and products or tell you where the nearest starbucks is.

You can't please them all. If you start out this way with letting the parents decide everything for your business, you will be miserable. YOu need to read your PHB every day for the next few weeks. Go over it a million times if you need to so that it is drilled into your head.

Just recently, I got fed up with tons of BS that parents were trying to pull so I sent home a letter. I can share it with you if you would like. It was very strong and soft at the same time and guess what, no one got mad or left. In fact I got many apologies for their wrong behavior.

Who of your group is doing the best on PT and how long have you been trying to PT?