View Single Post
daycaremom76 09:25 PM 04-16-2012
I have had the same exact issues with parents, I found it more frustrating when I had less kids then I do now that I have a full house. I think DCP get in their head that we work for them and we do what they say and forget that their child is replaceable. In my contract I charge $1 per minute if they are more then 15 minutes earlier then their contractual time, I open at 7am and I don't open the door before that. I've had a parent ring my doorbell and phone for 20 minutes before and at 7am I opened the door and said "Good Morning!" when they argued why I didn't open the door I simply said I don't open til 7am they told me that I could have answered the phone and told them. I pointed to the daycare sign posted on the front lawn next to the steps and showed them the time. They weren't happy but they never came early again. I also charge $1 per every minute late after their contractual time if they don't call a head, and if it's after 6pm there is no excuse they are charged no matter what. I stick to my contract and make no exceptions cause the first time you make one they walk all over you!