View Single Post
mac60 12:08 PM 10-30-2009
I think your offer is very kind, and I do understand why you do it, and I am sure your kindness will be returned to you in some way some day.

As far as unemployment,,,,,I am sure it depends on the state you are claiming from. But if you have never been on it, you have no idea what they pay, well I can tell you. My husband got laid off from his job of 40 years 4 weeks ago today. He has still received $00 in benefits. And when he does, it is going to be a meager $282 per week minus taxes. His gross prior to that was $606 per week, not great pay, but we did fine with his wage and mine. The way they figure how much you get is absolute appaling. He can not claim any dependents, even though we are married, and supporting 2 kids who are over 18 (full time college students). He can not claim me as a dependent because I make over $151 per week. How rediculous. I honestly don't know how we will make it. His company is downsizing every 2 to 3 weeks, this has been going on for the past 2 years. He was let go because he had 40 years of seniority, 5 weeks vacations, retirement benefits. So much for the "age discrimination factor" that in itself is a joke. And the lady said, even if he could of claimed me and the kids, his rate would of been the same. The system is very flawed.