View Single Post
laundrymom 08:43 AM 12-16-2010
wishing I had his skill ,.. I built mine all by myself and they are NO way near as pretty as his,..lol.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thanks!
I had it done 5 years ago, I called the High School and asked the art teacher if she had any student who was interested in painting a mural on a wall. I offered to pay and I bought all the necessary supplies. The teacher was so interested in the concept that she told the 2 boys who volunteered to do it that they could either take the pay I offered or take a grade for it and they both chose to take the credit in school so I only had to pay for supplies. I also put a photo of the end product in the local newspaper so the two boys could get some publicity for their work. Worked for all of us and the kids really love the room. I catch little ones periodically talking to Pooh or especially Rabbit if they are on the climber. It's really cute. I have another room I am thinking of having done so I am going to call the school again and hope that someone in this years group of students might be interested again....we'll see

And on a side note: if anyone is seriously interested and wants anything built, my DH would consider shipping anywhere!! He always says "If you can dream it, I can build it." He is a perfectionist and does everything very meticulously. He builds very high quality things at an affordable price.