View Single Post
mncare 12:07 PM 11-11-2010
Any MN ladies out there who can help me with this? IDK if it varies by county or not, but I am wondering if there is a rule as to the length of nap time. I have my SA today due to early dismissal and it is making me think ahead to summer. I can't deal with this every day for three months...

SO, I was wondering if there is actually a limit. My other kids are 5, 5, 4 and then I have two little ones (who would nap the whole time obviously, but they are on a different level). So for the preschoolers, can I just offer 45 minutes to an hour? The parents don't want them to nap anyway b/c then they don't sleep well at night. I would have all the kids have this quiet time and then they are free to play.

Honestly, nap time is the worst part of my day when the SA are here. I get so tired of telling them to be quiet, it is ridiculous. My day would actually be much better if we could just do it that way.

I didn't see anything in the daycare rule, so maybe it is not even regulated. Then again I may have missed it, I hate reading that thing. I thought I would try here before calling my licensor with such a question.