Thread: Twins - Rate?
View Single Post
AfterSchoolMom 06:38 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Nellie:
So off the subject, but for the last 2 weeks when ever I see anything with the mentioning of rates I think "Holey, Moley that's alot of money. I can't believe they get so much." I don't know if it is my cold or that I've been running on little sleep. I have to sit and THINK HARD about what is charged and what I charge before I realize "Oh wow that is so little for so much work." The area I live the average licensed home daycare makes 125 to 130 a week per child. Some more some less. I saw one post where a lady was charging $70 per child per week and it took me FOREVER to realize that she wasn't raking in the loot like I thought.
Sorry I just had to share my sorry confusion.
I think a LOT of parents have this problem as well, except they never come to the conslusion that it's a small amount.

Since I posted above I started thinking... $180 weekly for three days sounds like a lot, but it's $6 per hour, or $3 per hour, per child. Really, really NOT a lot when you think of it that way. The problem is, I already know that I probably won't get the family for that rate.