View Single Post
Cat Herder 03:47 AM 01-27-2011
Healthcare "Professional",

Wanted to let you know that MANY of the providers here were also Healthcare Providers BEFORE we went into daycare. As a matter of fact there are many here with Master's and, I suspect, one or two with Doctorates.

Most, that I know, opened home daycares/centers because the hours/dedication required were not conducive to raising a family and we made the CHOICE to create our own jobs to solve that issue. I, myself, plan to be back in the field in 5 more years as my kids are teens, now.

Just like the patients choice of going to a level one ER or a Doc-in-the-box at the local strip mall, daycare has it's professional levels of service. And in the exact same way, you get what you pay for and are treated as you treat the staff. I am sorry you feel it is unfair, but do you really feel it is fair to charge $22 for two Tylenol in the hospital? Some things just ARE.....and usually for the same reasons.

My personal policy is that if I am open: they pay, if I am closed: they don't. I do that because I have three kids and know it gets expensive. It is a courtesy, since NONE of the centers near me do that. Believe it or not, I had parents complaining that I was OPEN during the snowstorm. They don't feel they should have to pay me since they "could not get here". We had barely 6 inches of snow and the roads were clear by 10 am each morning. I had breakfast/art projects ready and waiting and they all did the "no call-no show" thing....WHY should I give them a discount??? It really is IMPOSSIBLE to please everybody.