Thread: Forest K
View Single Post
grateday 08:48 PM 01-28-2015
I wish I could run a forest kindergarten it has been a dream of mine. As I meet with my families I realize that such a kindergarten is possibly a culture clash in the area I live. I mean 1 out of the 4 families I serve would be interested. That is a small percent. I would travel to learn about it then bring it to an area I know were it would be utilized. It is sad to see the disconnect and fear our society has with what holds sustains and balances our lives

As a society we are connected but not all of us are connected to the nature around us. We are exploiting our resources and planet but in a way that is not caring and giving back to it. We are not happy with what we have and buying things that exploit resources. Nature gives us plenty of toys. Sure natures toys can hurt can get a child dirty but so can many of the man made ones. The detergents people use to wash there clothes are harming skin and environment. Its ok for kids to get a little muddy its ok and its healthy physiologically and psychologically. The outdoors is a natural sensorynplayground in its own way. Its various sized rocks and biological diversity are a wonder and curiosity. The outdoors lends an open mind and it creates an opened mind. If you engage in its wonder and splendor the animals have a lesson the plants have a lesson the weather has a lesson the fungi have a lesson.

If I dwelled and taught with children in this place maybe they would grow knowing what really is important

This wrapped.up convenient life is convenient for us but has a price that is not paid in currency.

Yeah I went there!#!!!