View Single Post
jen 01:01 PM 03-24-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You run your own business, similar to a sole proprietorship. I get paid days off because they are part of my deal with my company. If I take a day off, MY COMPANY gets someone else to get the work done.

The situation you are desribing is ludicrous. You run a business. If you ran a McDonalds, or restaurant or some other business, would you expect the people that eat there to pay even though they didnt get a meal?

This kind of attitude towards entitlement is immoral on all fronts and to believe that because you CHOSE to run a business out of your home you are entitled to ANY benefits.
Holdy cow! How funny are you?! Immoral??? Hahahahah!!! You are welcome to choose a provider who doesn't charge for vacation time...certainly your right but THAT is where your rights end. My business, my rules.

And, for the record...When you pay tuition for private school, or college, you DO NOT get a discount when school is closed for whatever reason....are they immoral too or just running a PROFITABLE busines?