View Single Post
Unregistered 10:58 AM 12-01-2009
Jen, I have a question. My kids are currently attending a local daycare facility. In their policies it states which days of the year the daycare will be closed. There was Thanksgiving, but no mention of the day after Thanksgiving. To my surprise I went to drop off my children the day after Thanksgiving and it was closed. Not only was it not in the policies, but it wasn't posted anywhere. I assumed it was a normal day because many people do have to go back to work. I requested to be refunded for that day because it was not in the stated closure dates for the year. I was wondering if there is laws or regulations that oultine closures? I couldn't find anyhting anywhere. I asked you this question because I noticed that you were an owner.

Originally Posted by jen:
I see what you are getting at and your are correct to a point.

I am a business owner and my business charges XX amount of dollars per month. When your child goes off to college you will pay tuition which will not be reduced because the professor cancelled class because of weather, illness or holiday. My daughters gymnastics club charges me $177 per month. Her class is offered 2x per week which we pay regardless of actual sessions she attends each month or if the class is cancelled for some reason or happens to fall on a holiday.

But, here is the most important thing I can tell you as a provider. READ your contract. If you don't like the terms of the contract, DO NOT sign it. If you sign the contract abide by the terms of said contract and stop complaining.

I will never understand why people continue to question the terms of a contract that they themselves signed!!!