View Single Post
jen 02:03 PM 12-09-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow, I really did not mean to open a can of worms. And what you all do is a thankless job and I am VERY blessed to have my child in a great daycare. Hopefull you can see my side too. No one is asking for you to take unpaid holidays. And technically the parents are paying for your paid holiday by paying for a full week. But can't it be both? Can't the parents pay a prorated fee if it is a partial week and you still get paid?
It is more the days off when no one else is off that is the issue.Like I have said I do get it and once again I thank all of those who are really doing good work, just those days that they are closed (monday after xmas) but everyone else has to work still kills me. Think about the parents who do not have paid days off and they now have to stay home, lose a days pay and then on tuesday pay for the whole week. Just reverse the roles. And if not, we can agree to disagree
Personally, I charge for Holidays, but do not charge for any other day that I might be closed. HOWEVER, and this is BIG, did you sign a contract that states what you were going to have to pay for?

It makes me loopy when I take the time and effort to create a contract that people are supposed to have read, they definitely signed, and THEN they complain later. If you didn't want to have to pay for those days, why did you agree to do so?