View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Blackcat, if we ever have the money, and the house next door is up for sale/rent again, I would buy/rent it in a heartbeat if we had the money. That would be totally awesome to not have daycare here...not to mention truly having my own children's toys be SEPARATE from the daycare toys. Wow. Very yummy thought, there. I'm jealous of you!

Unfortunately, our finances suck right now and will for a lOOOONG time, until we get credit cards paid off and student loans paid off.

I did seriously consider looking into renting the house next door to us for daycare use, though--it's two bedrooms, one story, and the commute time is certainly right, lol.
renting isn't a bad option either...I am assuming that doing child care out of a separate home is a good thing because where I live there are 8 childcares run from homes where no one lives and I live in a town of only 7,000 people so it isn't a bad idea to think of renting next door.....especially for the commute! lol! Of the 8 we have in town here half rent. Alot of land lords like the long term stability and the fact that the home MUST remain in good shape and not in any type of disrepair so that is a plus for them. Also the long term rental idea is a security thing for landlords as well since most daycars don't like to move alot!! LOL! I would definitley consider renting too since it has all the same perks....(just no asset later since you rented instead of owned) We would never have had the finances either but we were lucky enough to rent the home for 2 years, establish my business and then the landlord took all the rental payments for those two years and applied it toward a down payment. Since I had a viable/profitable and established business to show the bank and the 2 yrs of payments as a down payment it made the financing work in our favor...