View Single Post
MamaBear 02:10 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
My kids are ages 9 weeks, 22 months (majorly physically challenged), 2 yrs, 3 yrs, 6 yrs, and my own kids are 5 yrs and 10 yrs.

The 22 mon old just now is allowed to be approached by the older kids. That's because I can't risk em pulling out her feeding tube or knocking her over.

It's really not difficult to teach those over a certain age to leave the littles alone. Took me about a week to train this three sibling set. I don't use gates or super yards at all here.
Yeah you have older kids - I dont. Mine are all little and no special needs... just some younger then others. I could see why you would need to separate in that situation.

I do keep my youngest more separate then the others... mainly because shes so itty bitty still. She sleeps & hangs out in a different room then the walkers. But there are moments where the older one will sneak and touch her hand or whatnot when the mom is picking up or something and I cant catch it in time.

I dont let my kiddos run wild and touch all over eachother in any way. I just dont make a rule to separate them at all times. I am super OCD about handwashing and my daycare is insanely clean. My parents have always been super respectful of my sick policies. This one particular mom has been a little sneaky lately and lied to me about some things... which exposed my other daycare kids to croup and now pink eye within 2 weeks So forgive me if I'm ON EDGE LOL