View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 02:34 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
Very interesting! Wow - thats a lot of pets! Doesn't that get stinky?
Absolutely not! We have a schedule for all of the pet related cleaning. For instance, the pet rat and the mouse family are in my daughters room. They are in a divided 120 gallon huge tank. My daughter is responsible to clean their tank once a week.

The hamster is in my room and I clean it once a week also. The two pet snakes are in a tank together in my room and its spot cleaned once a week and completely cleaned out once a month . (Snakes only potty about once a week or so and it's solid).

The dogs and cats potty outside and there are NO animal accidents in my house. I have no carpet and currently no litter boxes. I had a litter box when we first rescued this baby kitten but she's now outside potty trained like the others.

I sweep and mop the entire house twice a day because we live in the woods and the older kids are always tracking in dirt and I like my floors to sparkle.

I'll put it like this. Wen a family first comes to interview, the only animal they see at first is one of our small dogs. The other animals are in different rooms. When the interview goes well, I disclose the animals. The family is always shocked and e first thing out of their mouth is always "wow and it's so clean and good smelling in here!!"

To be honest, I've been in houses where someone had ONE pet and the smell knocked me DOWN as soon as I walked into the door. One friend has one cat and a litter box she keeps sparkling. It still smells in there but it looks clean.

Lol but seriously, I could totally understand why people would think my house is stinky. And I'm not going to lie, our pet cleaning schedule is daunting!! Lol