View Single Post
judytrickett 03:36 PM 11-01-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
Ladies, I totally understand how you all feel. Things are tough for many right now. I am just praying that I do not lose any of my current families or we are in major trouble here. I kind of went on a rant on my last post, sorry. I depend on my daycare income the same as someone who works outside the home, and right now, it is my income that is paying the bills.
Don't feel bad for your post - you shouldn't. You do a job and you deserve to be paid for it. Period. Even if you didn't "need" the money why do you not deserve it as much as the provider who does "need" it?

Does Walmart give out shirts for free because a person is laid off? Will a hairdresser "hold" your standard Saturday hair appointment and leave it empty because you are coming back at some point when you go back to work? Nope, that's not the way the world works.

It is unfortunate that some families are facing job loses. I feel for the, really I do. But their emergency can not become YOUr family's emergency? Your heart felt sentiment does not pay the bills.

Don't feel bad. It's just business.