View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:59 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Mummy101:
Dude, I was giving you a compliment. (Witty- showing or characterized by quick and inventive verbal humor.) It is so hard to ascertain intention and tone via text conversation. My intended tone is playful neutrality.
Thank you.
I was however, not offended by anything you said or feeling as though I misunderstood you... and trust me I totally understand the difficulty in comprehending intention or tone in written prose....I've been around the block here a time or two.

Thank you and while I appreciate your input, I have already made clear, this is not an issue of age. I am sorry if that type of behavior is a usual occurrence with your little ones, that must be exhausting!

It's not exhausting at all My toddlers do behave for the most part, in a similar way but because my environment and my expectations are appropriate for the age, it's not an issue and it's not exhausting for me at all....

I AM curious though as to how you have concluded that this is not an age issue. (other than your personal experiences).
What exactly has lead you to believe this is not age related? If there is more to the story, please share.
Perhaps I will ultimately see things from your perspective but so far from what you have shared, I DO see these behaviors as age related.

I have never encountered this level of behavior issues from other kiddos and have much for comparison. None of the other children, same age, act this way. It is a matter of compatibility for the group and I wondered if “sticking it out” was appropriate.
Just because you have never encountered such behaviors doesn't mean it's not normal, age appropriate or that it's him.

It just means YOU have never encountered this before.

I am curious though... what is "much" for comparison?
What is your experience in early childhood?

How would you feel if this DCK was repeatedly bullying your child and showed no sign of improvement?
Is it YOUR child he is "bullying"?

I honestly don't feel that is an appropriate description for his behaviors as he first needs to understand and have mastered certain skills in order to know how to be a bully to others. Perspective thinking isn't something he has an experience with so bullying is probably not the correct term here.

If it were MY child, I would want to know what the provider is doing to curb or eliminate the behaviors toward my child but I would not place blame on the child themselves but instead look to the environment (including the caregiver/teacher) as to the root or cause of the behavior.

How would you feel if you were the DCK in questions parent and was repeatedly told DCK had to play separately again today because of the behavior?
If I were the DCB's parent and was repeated told my child again had to play separately, I'd be utilizing my lunch hour and any other free time I had to find alternate care for my child. I would simply assume that your program and my child are not a good fit. NOT that either is faulty...just not good together.

It is not fair to DCK or the group.
Not all of us are willing to work with this behavior and yay, we don’t have to!!!
Nope we definitely don't have to so if you feel this child does not meet YOUR expectations of what a 2 year old is, then by all means terminate.

It would probably be in his best interest.