View Single Post
Mummy101 09:04 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
I guess I didn't realize how young the child is. that was a very good point BC

I mostly 3 and 4.5 year olds. I have new guy that just turned two and he does very well in my program, but I also don't expose him to the same things I do the other kids nor do I expect him to do what they can.

are you able to manage something where the other kids can do painting and playdough, while the 2 year old rug plays with toys within his developmental expectations??
All my other 2.5s play well with playdough, paint, color and participate in group activities to their ability. I am obviously not sitting them down to do algebra problems. It is perfectly reasonable and developmentally appropriate to allow a 2.5yo to experiment with paint, dirt, bubbles, the works! They learn through exposure. Even my one-year old paints! DCK would not be “willing” to play on the floor while the other children participated. Do you exclude willing participants? I do when it goes in the mouth. In this business, (for most of us) compatibility is EVERYTHING. I agree with previous statements. DCK needs a different environment. One with multiple teachers; a center.