View Single Post
Mummy101 10:01 AM 07-17-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thank you.
I was however, not offended by anything you said or feeling as though I misunderstood you... and trust me I totally understand the difficulty in comprehending intention or tone in written prose....I've been around the block here a time or two.

It's not exhausting at all My toddlers do behave for the most part, in a similar way but because my environment and my expectations are appropriate for the age, it's not an issue and it's not exhausting for me at all....

I AM curious though as to how you have concluded that this is not an age issue. (other than your personal experiences).
What exactly has lead you to believe this is not age related? If there is more to the story, please share.
Perhaps I will ultimately see things from your perspective but so far from what you have shared, I DO see these behaviors as age related.

Just because you have never encountered such behaviors doesn't mean it's not normal, age appropriate or that it's him.

It just means YOU have never encountered this before.

I am curious though... what is "much" for comparison?
What is your experience in early childhood?

Is it YOUR child he is "bullying"?

I honestly don't feel that is an appropriate description for his behaviors as he first needs to understand and have mastered certain skills in order to know how to be a bully to others. Perspective thinking isn't something he has an experience with so bullying is probably not the correct term here.

If it were MY child, I would want to know what the provider is doing to curb or eliminate the behaviors toward my child but I would not place blame on the child themselves but instead look to the environment (including the caregiver/teacher) as to the root or cause of the behavior.

If I were the DCB's parent and was repeated told my child again had to play separately, I'd be utilizing my lunch hour and any other free time I had to find alternate care for my child. I would simply assume that your program and my child are not a good fit. NOT that either is faulty...just not good together.

Nope we definitely don't have to so if you feel this child does not meet YOUR expectations of what a 2 year old is, then by all means terminate.

It would probably be in his best interest.
Nine years family center, 7 years Mom x3. Let me guess, yours is more… and you will tell us all about it. (That was me being catty. Sarcastically of course)

Not my kids, they walk away. To bully implies intent, yes. DCK is certainly able to be held accountable for actions at this age. DCK is not corrected at home.

I definitely agree with and respect your point. Some two and a half year olds do act this way. However, “refreshing my idea of typical behavior” will not change the fact that the behavior is driving everyone bananas. Kiddo needs a center where DCK won’t become excluded. The DCKs just being two (and a half) cliché’ does not suit this circumstance. I want DCK to get the best care possible and I don’t think my place is it anymore. A fit we are not.