View Single Post
mismatchedsocks 10:33 AM 08-10-2011
I started to reply, but didnt read the whole post. However my take on charging for holidays is this. I charge a rate. Its a weekly rate. You pay this weekly rate to me every week. The only time you do not have to pay me is when I am on vacation, because then I feel that they may have to pay for another daycare.

Here is a way to think about it. or word it.

"I charge a weekly fee of $150 a week ( for example ). This is to be paid weekly on Monday. There is no discount for days off or holidays because it is already worked into the tuition amount. It also covers the food, love, warmth, electricity, ...... etc. that I will provide. Even times/days your child is not here I am planning for them to be here. Food, arts, laundry, gifts, etc."

If you think about how many days we work in a year ( me its 60 a week times 52 weeks = 3,120. Then subtract my week off, and then about 5 holidays. So about 3000 hours. Divide this by 52 weeks is about 57 hours a week, equals to about 2.60 an hour. OR if we did the hourly way, that parents want only when their child was here. I would not charge 2.60 an hour. I would charge about 4 an hour, so pretty much paying $170 a week.

that was a bunch of rambling, but in other words the tuition that a parent pays every week here takes into account the holidays and days off when making the price.