View Single Post
mac60 02:49 AM 06-27-2008
Originally Posted by pingaa3:
If you are so concerned about the safety of the children, why don't you volunteer to help her out for free one day a week?! Or perhaps offer to watch her children overnight so she and her husband can get away and get some rest for a change?

I don't understand the judgement versus volunteer helping hand attitude from someone proclaiming to be a sister in the church.

P.S. Why else would she be doing daycare unless she needed money, its a job!
Thank you for this, it was very well said. I honestly think some people believe we sit on our butts all day and do nothing. They fail to realize what we do for 10 plus hours per day, for no benefits, no paid time off, etc. Many forget that even though we may be paid $400 per week, we have to buy groceries, supplies, pay extra in utilities, our own taxes, etc. It is not an easy job by any means. We have good days and we have bad days just like at any other job. There is so much more to being a good provider than just being a "babysitter", which I am not! I am a caring dc provider who offers nutritional meals, hugs, love, a preschool curriculum, a safe place for your child while you are at work, etc.

I think your idea of volunteering for 1 day a week is a great idea. It is a JOB that the majority of women can not handle.