View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 09:51 AM 09-21-2009
The sibling discount thing always kind of stumped me. I do appreciate the $5 off/week that I get at daycare because I have two kids attending (daycare rates can seem daunting to a parent when more than one child needs care... a lot of parents can't work because it would only pay for daycare), but that $5 is realistically not going to make a difference to my family. Yes, it adds up over time for me. But it adds up much quicker for the provider. 10 kids from 5 families with each recieving a sibling discount would be $25/week (much more if 3 or 4 children came from one family), money that could be spent purchasing supplies to make the experience much more enriching for the children. To me, it would be worth 'chipping in' my $5/week.

As a parent, I seek quality over price (although my budget does not allow for extremely expensive care--I just don't have the money), but a $5-$10 difference per week is not going to sway my dc decision when my children are recieving above-par care, as they are at their current dc.