View Single Post
kitykids3 06:02 PM 12-12-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I couldn't have agreed MORE with this post. The lady above sounds COMPLETELY ridiculous! If you want all of those days off, then you do need a job that will require you to take those days off. And if you need so much vacation, then that's a sign that you really don't love what you do. You are CLEARLY in the wrong profession. I'm pissed about having to pay my provider full tuition for vacation days that neither my husband (GOVERNMENT WORKER) nor myself (corporate) receive. That's crazy! I should not have to accommodate your wants and needs. If you require "vacation days" that needs to be in the contract from the beginning. My provider not only took every holiday off, but also closed early some Fridays and took off a few days throughout the year for family vacation. Really? I haven't been able to take one because I have to use my vacation days to accommodate her schedule. I thought that daycares were in the business to do the opposite. Time to start looking for a new one. I shouldn't have to pay her to only work 4 days out of two weeks.
What? Daycares are supposed to accomodate to your schedule??
Ha! Since when does the public get to tell a business what hours they should be open/provide service?? No way would I be letting clients tell me what hours I should be open. Plus, if they want to change their contracted hours (whether for a week or permanently) then they ask if it is OK and if I have the resources to do so.
Granted, this isn't to say I don't do what I can as far as scheduling with the parents, but I would not have a daycare family as a client that EXPECTED me to accommodate their schedule or all their whims.