View Single Post
SunshineMama 06:38 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Sorry, I think you and the parents are putting way too much pressure on yourself and the kids. No underwear till they can go accident free for a full two weeks (thats my rule, I dont care how old they are and what supposedly happened at home). I dont do "we need them pottying asap" because all you can do is give opportunities. youre going to stress yourself out putting all this insane pressure on yourself. potty training normally takes time, especially when you are doing home and daycare. your own child had the benefit of you consistently working with her and the daycare kids have you and their parents.....its different. just give it time. If the kids are motivated, I think it could still be another month or two till they can do underwear at daycare. If they are not motivated or only partially motivated, it could be 6 months or more. Sorry, there is no magic button to push to get this done....if there was, moms a long time ago would have discovered it!
I am putting a lot of pressure on myself! Part of the problem is that, all of the sudden, they are all determined at once to get their kids potty trained at all costs. I have a written policy that they must ask for 2 weeks before wearing underwear, which DCM of DCB4 clearly ignored. I let it go today because I thought, that since he is 4, I wanted to give him a chance to make the choice to go. I really wanted to support the child in his efforts! Now I am afraid I opened up a big can of worms

The other parents are set on their kids being out of diapers by the end of next month. One of the kids will ask to go, the other will follow if they see candy being distributed, but I am literally taking them to the bathroom all day long. I cant get anything else done!

At this point, I feel like I already let the parents dictate what is going on at my house (my fault, I know), and I am feeling a loss of control over my own business. I am doing "special" for everyone and it is killing me, since everyone wants it at the same time. I also feel like, since I already committed, that it is too late to un-commit to taking this on, hence me seeking a way to get them trained right away. I am afraid these parents are all going to bring their kids in undies and I am going to be cleaning pee and worse all over my house. Ugh- I am a people pleaser and an over-achiever, and I have always been able to conquer every challenge. This one is getting me though. I literally lost weight this week because I have been running around like crazy trying to please everyone. I run a group daycare, and everyone is treating me like their personal nanny.

I literally cried today. I cried to my husband, my best friend, my grandma... I really can't handle watching 6 multi-aged kids while potty training 3 of them. They are asking to go potty in between times when I take them, and I am taking them several times a day too. I am tired of spending my day in the bathroom. I am spending more time with THEIR kids than my own, which I am also upset about. My 1 year old and my 1 year old dcb have been so good and patient, but I need to give them more attention. I am doing this for MY kid, after all.

I can easily handle all of the kids normally, but I am spending hours cumulatively in the bathroom. I also do a preschool-inspired program, so I am teaching for a portion of the day as well. I am burnt out, but I feel like I have committed already to doing this and I don't know how to gain control back. I also feel that if I am taking them almost hourly, and they are still peeing in their diapers, that they clearly are not ready yet and we are forcing it. I am feeling a lot of pressure from the parents too. I have been doing daycare for almost a year now and this is my first experience with training other people's kids, so it is a learning process. I feel like I messed up and didnt put my foot down and I dont know how to fix it.