View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 03:18 PM 09-15-2013
Originally Posted by lovemylife:
That is amazing! We don't have any animals...except 1 Guppy I have heard of people training their cat to go in the toilet but not training an indoor cat to go outside. I bet that was hard.
The trick is to start it when they are young. For instance, kittens here start litter box training at around 3 weeks. Of earlier. Of course at that age, I don't trust them to be safe outside. But around 8 to 10 weeks old and after weaning, I start exposing them to outside. Once they can communicate their want to go out and cry to come inside, I take the letterbox to the back porch during the day. They go in and out and use it ere in the porch. Then a few weeks later, I move the litter box off the porch to the ground. Then a few weeks later, I replace the litter with dirt and move the box to the wood line where it is acceptable to potty. Then a few weeks later, I remove e litter box completely. So by 4 months or so they are completely outside potty trained. They go in and out by communicating to me they have to potty. And by that age they are old enough to hold their bowels and bladder at night as well.