View Single Post
KEG123 07:56 AM 12-20-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Just PM me anytime and I will give you the contact info... not to toot my hubby's horn but he is a perfectionist so he stands behind all his work and everyhting is built much like craftsmen did in the previous century...very well and with great care.

Yes, I do daycare out of a home I do not live in....I do own it and pay roughly $550 per month plus utilities. There are a million positives for doing it this way and only a few downfalls and I truly admire, respect and feel a little sorry for those who run a busy childcare from their own homes. My DH grew up in a family of 5 boys who's own mom did childcare 24/7 so when I mentioned opening up a childcare he freaked!! LOL! We both love kids and only have 2 of our own but owning a separate space was my plan because I really am working towards running and being licensed as a center so I can do pre-school only. (I am almost done with my Bachelor's degree)

I love not having to be "at work" when I am off, I love being able to shut the door and walk away after a long and tiresome day, I love that my own kids could be with me but could choose to go home after school (DH works at home)(they are 19 and 22 now) My kids never had to share personal belongings and I have nothing personal or any heirlooms that could get broken. I love that when I say I am closing or opening, parents know I am serious because I don't live here...I love that I have NO big people sized furniture. I love if I have a few days where kids are pukey or sickly, I can clean and go HOME...HOME: where no one has wiped boogers, no one has peed on the floor, no one has puked on my rub and no one has left sticky fingerprints all over my grandma's old quilt...and I have a full roll of toilet paper!! I have 2 cats and a GIANT St. Bernard at home but don't have to worry about any of the kids being allergic or notifying families of our pets etc. I also love that EVERYTHING is tax detuctible....once the house is paid off...I have some assets toward retirement.
My DH hates that he has to fix two house, mow two lawns and snowplow two driveways, but he'll take it over the alternative. He comes into town to the daycare for lunch everyday and gives me a hand...he also comes in and spoils the kids abit so it is fun for us both.
All in all though I would NEVER do it any other way! I have a friend who does daycare and I just talked her into renting a house and moving her business out of her home....I think it will be a good move.
I do like this idea, but in IL you have to run the daycare out of your own home.