View Single Post
Chickenhauler 11:41 AM 12-09-2009
Originally Posted by tymaboy:
Everyone looks at the amount of money they think we are bringing in each week before taxes. But no one is thinking of the extra hours that we put in per day/week. I have kids in care for 11 hours a day. Parents pay for the time the kid is in care but no one thinks of the extra hours that we put in when kids are not incare. When you think of the amount of hours you work & make compared to the hours we put in makes a huge difference. People do not get into child care because of the money they can make they get into it because they enjoy being with kids (atleast me anyway) DH would not mind me getting a job outside of the home due to the fact that he would not mind having to get this or that for the daycare, fix this or that for the daycare, & not have kids here when he leaves for work & gets home from work. Unless you are a provider you will never understand & just see the $$ signs that you do for the simple reason that you have no clue & no amount of trying to explain it will you get it unless you have been or are a provider.
What you described is called "owning and operating a small business".

I challenge you to find me any successful small business operator who doesn't deal with these same things every day.

If you really want to feel sorry for someone, take a look at farming....especially dairy operations. They can't "close"....those cows gotta be milked, every morning, every evening, regardless of personal plans, weather, emergencies, etc.