View Single Post
Unregistered 08:21 PM 01-26-2011
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
That's per child....if you have 5 kids in your care, that's $400-$750 per week.

How many people make that kind of money with no commute, can wear sweats and T's to work, and do their laundry/dusting/dishes/etc on the clock?

Add to that, you don't have to pay DC bills for your own kids, and that ain't cheap.
You almost sound like one of the complaining parents that can NEVER understand the costs associated with childcare. I'm not sure where you live or why your wife has no investment costs but where I live GREAT preschools (now beginning at age 2) and daycares are EVERYWHERE making it very difficult to keep the "commodity of kids" coming in. I must say that I'm suprised...you don't sound like you have any idea of what costs are associated with being a provider. Don't you guys have insurance (although ours is probably more expensive in NY), food, activities, curriculum costs, cleaning costs, STAFF? I have 5 children but pay $2,000 a month in staff alone because unfortunately the kids aren't dropped off and picked up at my door so I need other people to help. Whatever your situation is, it certainly isn't the same for everyone. People ..mostly parents...on this site seem to be really narrow minded. Seriously. - WOW you make $750 a week without even considering the costs? That's $3,000 a month, before taxes, insurance, food, curriculum, cleaning, STAFF... SERIOUSLY?!