View Single Post
Meeko 03:52 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here our teacher have a choice to receive their yearly salary over 9 months (bigger paychecks) with no pay in the summer or take the same yearly salary and receive it 12 months out of the year (smaller pay checks) .....which is why I do the same.

I take what I would have been paid over a 12 month time period and divide it into the 9 months they are here. Works pretty good so far.
Now that's fair. They're still paying you the same amount as everyone else in the long run and getting their summers off without having to make a payment. A win/win for all.

But I have heard of those who simply want the same rate as everyone else during the school year and THEN want a spot held for free or a small fee over the summer. That's what rubs me wrong.

If a day care provider is financially well off enough to OFFER that, then awesome......but for a teacher to expect it is actually rude.

I currently don't have a teacher parent. But I do have a dad who works construction and he works less in the winter and his paychecks are less because of it. But sadly...that's life. He pays me anyway.

If I were to lose a bunch of kids and hit hard times financially.....my morgage company isn't going to give a hoot. Not their problem. I owe regardless. That's life.