View Single Post
LysesKids 04:37 AM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
All size silks? I saw the big ones that I'd probably have to sell a kidney for. Last summer at yard sales, I came across a whole basket of women's scarves, ya know that type of silky material? I just took them back out of hiding; they went in because nobody ever picked them up. But they were constantly used in dress-up.

Is Seven Times The Sun a book to buy?
I'm just looking to revamp most of the materials I have and completely get away from plastic crap.
I found a lady that was making them for a little less than what Sara's silks cost plus she dyed littler ones ( I don't think she does the tiny ones anymore). She closed for awhile, but she's back up & I was planning on buying more. She runs the site A Toy Garden

Her colors had not quite what you typically find - more muted and based off of seasons. And yes, 7 times the Sun is a book I got off of Amazon - has poems, plans on how to start the day, songs etc. Some of my DCP have looked thru it as well. I started out more Waldorf, but then added some Montessori inspired Infant toys