View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 10:30 AM 10-21-2009
Originally Posted by jen:
Hellooo...

I'm sorry, but that is like working at a meat packing plant and then refusing to touch the meat because you are a vegatrian! You don't have to mean the prayer, but the parents who sent their kids there did so in order to give them a Christian education, so either buck up or get out.
The only center I could find in my area that was acceptable to me (clean, safe, loving, etc) and would provide transportation to/from school happens to be a Methodist church. Personally, I am Wiccan, but choose to raise my children to be educated about all faiths and open minded. While I like the fact that the church dc is providing some education about the bible, I don't care for the way they are teaching my children to pray. I don't interfere with they way they run the dc, nor do I ask that they not have my children participate in prayer (we kind of just roll with it). My point is that just because I send my kids there, doesn't mean that I want them to have a christian education... it's pretty much my only choice