View Single Post
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 04:27 PM 10-30-2009
I allow one free week of not being here per year, each additional week is 1/2 rate to hold their spot. My DH was laid off in Jan. Company told him it was temp,.... , was off for 12 weeks and either he found another job, or he moved out. That was his option. He was so far up my hootie all day long I almost killed him. He took a pay cut,. bene cut and was bringing home more on unemployment. But,.... we re happy again. The original company hasnt called him back yet,.. they know he is working,.. but his tools, are still there, they are still considering him an employee,.. just laid off,.. but they dont seem in an all fired up hurry to get him back so we shall see what happens. and the truth of the matter is,.. employers do not give a rats hootie about anything but the bottom line. period. I understand that when people are laid off they are taking a huge paycut.... but when I charge 1/2 rate, so am I.... more than them quite frankly. I normally have 2 openings per my license availability and if someone gets laid off, I fill that spot. Since I have enough room for both when they come back. It keeps my income steadier. Believe me,.. i know unemployment. our town,... well,... its not good. 18.9% unemployment rate over the summer here. I think its down to 16.5 now.