View Single Post
TGPII 02:42 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How many children of your own do you have? What state are you in?

In Illinois, when they say you can have 3 children including your own unlicensed. If you have 2 of your own, you can only watch 1. Much more benefits to operating licensed. More tax benefits when you are legaltoo.
Option 1: In my state under State Board of Education I am aid/sub certified. Under Department of Children and Family Services I am director/teacher qualified My career goal is to get into management and become a director. I am looking for a job at a daycare were I can grown into that position. Can anyone please help. I live in Illinois near Chicago. I have experience as working as an aid in a ISBE public high school and working as a teacher in a DCFS private preschool. Any suggestions? Thanks. If this is posted in the wrong forum sorry. I was not sure what forum it belongs.

Option II: I can not do a home daycare I I do not own my home. I looked into franchising a daycare/preschool. Most franchisee want you to own the building/property and business Also most will not let you be owner and director. I heard there are companies that will help you start a daycare. I would like to rent a place for a daycare. I would like it located close to a public park, so I do not have to put up my own playground. Also, I like to be my own director. If this is in the wrong forum sorry, and let me know. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.