View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 11-11-2010
I don't really think there are any specific rules as to the amount or times you have to nap kids, but I think the rule just says that we have to provide space when they nap. I do not see any where it says they HAVE to nap either. On the days where school is out, I try to give the SA kids quiet things to do in the other room away from my nappers and in the summer, my nappers sleep for about 1 to 1.5 hours and my SA'ers HAVE to play outside. If weather is bad, then they are just outta luck and have to have quiet time as well. I allow a movie during nap time in summer, but only if SA'ers are quiet..if they start getting loud, the movie goes off. Personally, I think SA'ers are way more work than 5 and under kids. I usually only take the SA'ers if they started out here from infants/toddler age. Just the fact that they are tough to integrate tells me that family child care is not meant for schoolers. Thankfully our local YMCA has an awesome summer program for schoolers...I try to encourage my parents to use it. It is a lot more age appropriate and more geared for their size.