View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:21 PM 09-25-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I used to plan things but then once you actually work in the daycare world, you slowly come to realize that the word "plan" is more like a suggestion or an opinion and not necessarily how things will actually go.

PLAN is an evil word.

Sometimes I have a hearty, healthy but favorite meal planned.

But then Johnny poos down his legs and up his back, while Sally figured out how to get into the stamp pads and is inking up a storm on Billy's arm. Janie, meanwhile is having a melt down because a blue car drove by and she's convinced that it is her mom's yellow mini van heading home and forgetting to pick her up. Xander is hollering from the bathroom that he thinks something "might" be wrong with the faucet since the water is pouring down the front of the sink and while he holds the door open to report this issue, Katie snuck in and thinks it's time for water/sensory play.

But WAIT!!!! I totally forgot to get the water started so I can boil noodles and I have no idea if I even remembered to buy cheese for the garlic bread......

What's that, Joey? You had "bahsketti" last night and again for breakfast this morning?

Ooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy........

So yep..... PLANS don't always go according to plan.

But I try.

That ^^ (trying) really is what it's all about right?

(Unless the answer is the Hokey Pokey and in that case, I'm out. I had "bahsketti" for breakfast this morning and don't think I could shake it all about if I wanted to.
Oh YEH now that'd be a plan all shot to he!!. Calgon take me away.