View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 08:20 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I know that those of us who are licensed need to have some level of cleanliness to our daycare spaces. As a type-A neat freak, this does cause me stress at times trying to keep everything clean. Not clutter free mind you, but the floors swept, surfaces wiped down, dishes out of the sink, etc. You get the drill.

Well I've been super stressed lately and I'm trying to find ways to lower that level of stress. Just how clean does your daycare space stay? If the hubby fails to clean up after himself do I really need to worry about this?! Should I chill?! Leave some of the dog hair?!

Sigh....it's been a hard day ladies. Bottom line....how often do you clean and do you ever just not do a certain task and leave it for a day?
My house is immaculate. I need it to be in order to function.
I clean every area, every day. The bathrooms get wiped down each day and a deep clean once a week. The floors are vaccumed, swept and washed every day. Dishes never sit in the sink, they are done immediately after all meals. All surfaces are dusted and wiped down daily. I do laundry each day and the daycare toys are cleaned thouroughly once per week. I make all the beds as soon as I wake up. I do a deep clean once per month... and even then, the house is relatively spotless because I clean each day. I just work my chores into my daily routine.

I think leaving a couple suppoer dishes over night, or leaving the laundry to be folded for the morning on occasion is fine... but that can get out of control for some people and then the whole house goes down hill.