View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 06:14 PM 04-14-2012
It's very simple - charge them for your time.

Originally Posted by momofboys:

DCF 1 changed hours Sunday evening - told me they were coming at 9 am on Monday only to call me Mon morning at 6:35 am asking if the kids could come earlier around 7:30 (with less than an hour's notice - I was in bed asleep!)

$20.00 Wake Up Early Fee

DCF 1 - was to be here to pick up at 3:35 to get SA chil d- mom knows what time the bus arrives & was supposed to be here then - rather she showed up 1/2 hr after bus' drop-off time & she was off all afternoon so no reason to be late.

Charge for that 1/2 an hour.

DCF 2 - DCD is in school & is supposed to drop off kids at noon on Thursdays. They are a newer family (only with me 4 weeks so far). Each day that he is the drop-off person he has arrived earlier & earlier. Not usually a problem but I based their pay on the drop off being noon & there are some days I may not be home until a few minutes before noon (I have no other family in care that day). Week 1 he dropped off at 11:45, week 2 at 11:35 & this week he dropped off at 11:20!!!! I did say something that he needed to let me know if he was coming earlier as I may not be home if he comes before his drop-off time. It just makes me feel as if they don't respect my time.

Again, charge for the extra time.

DCF2 - DCD is done with classes on Fri at 11:00 & is to be at my home by 12:00 to get kids. Yesterday he arrived at 12:20 & I was not angry but not happy - he told me he was late b/c he went home first to make himself a sandwich!

Advise him that your late pick up fee is $1.00 per minute but because it's his first time you'll only charge him $5.00.

These are only stories from this week - so I am sure you can figure out that each week is a mess. How do I regain the respect without being a B#tch?! What's even harder for me is I can't imagine treating a caregiver in these ways. what is wrong with people?

Added this: Have you ever confronted a parent & let them know you have felt hurt by the way they treat you & disrespect you & your time?
Never confront, just add it to their bill with a detailed explanation of the time discrepancies. Looks like you'll be making at least $35.00 more this week. Feel better?

My Dad has a saying: "You can only let them walk on you if you lie down and let them."