View Single Post
WDW 08:21 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
No, of course children aren't bread and milk. The point I was trying to make is that all of you like to refer to yourselves as business owners/being self-employed. Yet many self-employed people do not get vacations. Heck, many who are employed by others don't get vacation. Yet daycare providers are entitled to it because they work so much harder than everyone else. Whatever. Same attitude, different day.
"all of you" is a bit of a generalization. For the record, I do not take any paid vacation. Aside from a few major holidays, if I am closed, I am not paid. And my families all get mulitple "free" days. I love this forum but I will admit, I'm taken aback by some of the attitudes on here as well. Not "all of us" feel that way, nor act entitled. Furthermore, I think it's funny the number of people who come on here unregistered and have negative opinions. Have you ever run an in home daycare? If you have, you know that it is a hard job. I do work hard. Never said I work harder than you, but it seems the flip side of the generalization is that "all" non providers think we lay around and watch tv all day, which is NOT the case. You would be better served to find a provider that you are happy with for your children and not worry about what "all of us" are doing.