View Single Post
Heidi 03:35 PM 10-17-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Well good for you, and good for where you live, but that isnt the reality in many parts of the country lol.

I always try not to get offended when other providers rag on others about doing things differently, and make passive aggressive snippits about how they're better respected/more professional/smarter than others who don't *but* it rarely works out that way.

Getting payment up front has NOTHING to do with being professional or being respected.

Period.

It's a low blow to say that imo.

Did you really take it that way? I didn't get that at all.

Maybe because I'm in the prepayment camp as well. I think I'm the only provider in my county that does it, too. It's not something I ever talk about until we get to the end of the interview (when their hooked..teeheehee). It's honestly never been a determining factor. BUT, big BUT...I mostly enroll infants (not always, but mostly). So, since the options for good infant care are sparse, that helps.

I always charged in advance, but when I restarted my dc 2 1/2 years ago, I added a deposit of 1 week at contract signing AND paying a week in advance. I pretty much have my 2 weeks covered that way.

Dang, no Judge Judy for me!

Oh, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, my dear Willow. Please don't think I am arguing with you. You have to do what works for you. No disrespect intended.