View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 10:47 AM 09-16-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
YES! We have hawks too! One day we were sitting our living room and all of a sudden CRASH! This huge hawk smashed into our backdoor which is a window door... Thank God the glass is super thick. It knocked the hawk out for about 30 seconds... then got up and flew away. That thing was HUGE! I was kinda scared to go in the backyard after that! lol
I'm the same way.... Sme nights I step out back... And I hear the coyotes.... Hear the owl couple... And then a hawk... And I'm thinking RUNNNNNNNN!! Lol

When I was a child we had a German shepherd.. H was a stray but he was very protective of me. One night I went out the side door, out him out some supper scraps.... And a few minutes later looked out the window... Only to find him sharing his scraps with a danged PANTHER!! Scared e crap out of me.

After that, we saw the creature often. He never bothered us or the dog or even the small house dog. At night, when we pulled into the driveway I could see his eyes reflecting at the edge of e woods. It would scare me so bad I was afraid to get out of e car. Ad when I did I would run as fast as I could to get up e stairs to the front door. Wen I got my drivers license, I would get home at night, alone, and have to make e run all by myself!!! Every single time I would sit in the car and my heart would beat so fast!! This went on for a while, even though he never bothered us, the fear never left me.