View Single Post
WDW 07:25 PM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
Nope, you are correct. If providers offered a few free days parents would keep their kids home more. I used to offer 10 free per year and they ALWAYS got used up.

But here is the thing...I am NOT a center. I am an individual provider. It cost my family well over $1500 per year to provide an incentive for people to take some time with their kids. And, usually, they just sent them to Grandmas to save a little money.

I hear what you are saying and I think many parents agree with you. But honestly, why should the provider and her family have less in order to make sure that a parent sees their child more? Plus, you can bet your bottom dollar that the center has those free days built in to the cost of tuition. So essentially, in order to offer free days I would simply boost my rates...
This is so right! I have to say though, I offer my families vacation days and for the most part, they hardly ever get used up. Or they wait until Christmas and panic because they don't want to lose them, so they do the last minute "we're not coming" bit. I asked one time where the kids were going for the next three days, because they had been supposed to come to me. Mom said, oh, well DCD and I are off work. SOOOO, you were going to send your kids to me even though you were home, when my child was on school break and my family was here from out of state for the holidays? That's great. Thanks.