View Single Post
missnikki 06:33 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by ninosqueridos:
I edited your letter based on how I would word things. I removed the 2nd and 3rd sentences because I felt they were irrelevant and leave room for misinterpretation (like if you have a substitute for whatever reason, then maybe those days you wouldn't charge a late fee - you know how some parents would read that). That way you get to the bottom line faster. Just mho, hope this helps.
------------------------------------------------

Dear Parents,

You may have noticed that I no longer have an assistant. Because of this change, my days will now be longer with no breaks. I have been very lenient on not charging late fees when picking up after contracted hours. This will change and will be effective immediately.

As a reminder your contracted hours are:
a.m to p.m.
I do NOT charge for early drop offs only late pick ups.
The late fee is $5.00 per 15 minutes late. For example: If you pick up at p.m. you will owe $5.00. If you pick up at p.m. you will owe $10.00 and so on.
*This will need to be paid at time of pick up. If it is not paid then a bill will be placed in “parent mailbox” and is to be paid by drop off the following day.
*If you call ahead to let me know you are running late, you will still owe late fee.
*If you know ahead of time (at least 24 hours) that you will be running late I will charge $5.00 per hour of extra care (availability not guaranteed). If you let me know less than 24 hours ahead of time, the late fee will be the $5.00 per 15 minutes late as previously explained.
Please respect that my business hours and personal hours are separate by picking up in a timely manner.

Thanks,
Kayla
Looks good this way, and I agree w/ ninosqueridos. I always add "As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at _____."