View Single Post
JenNJ 08:36 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Oh boy, I'm going to go against the grain on this one .

Once I have agreed to take a family, whether they are FT or PT, I think that family has a right to expect that their spot is secure. If I only want FT families, then I feel like it's my obligation to leave a spot unfilled until I find that FT family. I feel like it would be unprofessional to take a PT family, only to boot them once a FT family comes along.

Of course, if a family is not following the rules or is disrespectful, etc., I would terminate our contract, but I would not do it simply because they are part-time.

JMHO.
I give my PT families a heads up during the interview and contract signing. If I have an interview for a FT family and I am considering signing them, I lay it out for the PT family. They can pay and use the full time space or consider this 2 weeks notice. Every part time family I ever said that to signed on for the FT spot.

It isn't mean or cruel. It is business and while I do care for my clients, I care more for my family's financial security. I will not give up thousands in income each year to appease a client's schedule.