View Single Post
JenNJ 11:50 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
This is exactly what I do..... but what happens if the siblings leave. ?????
When the siblings leave, I will try to replace them with full time kids. See this is when that little rule comes in handy. I can find one full time kid and offer the other FT space to the PT kid. Or I can find two full timers. All the rule does is make the conversation with the PT family easier since they knew in advance that this is a possibility.

And really, this rule isn't anything different. No family is really "safe" from termination. They can increase the odds of being safe by following rules, respecting my home, my family and myself, and raising children who are pleasant to be around. But at the end of the day I can terminate care for whatever reason I choose, just as they can. That is the nature of this business.

I don't take terminations lightly, but I do know that I am in this business for a few reasons:
1) to be with my kids
2) to make money
3) because I am really good at it
4) because I enjoy it

None of my reasons have anything to do with who I am contracted with. I get satisfaction from providing a stable home life for my kids and providing income for my family. Any client can be replaced. I don't get attached simply because I know how this job can be. I am a great business owner because I make decisions with my head 99% of the time.