View Single Post
Nellie 10:09 PM 10-31-2011
Besides if you are just "out of the nest" you know when your bills are due. I know that I have 6 bills that have to go out each month. About twice a year something gets lost in the mail. Just because I didn't get the morgage statement doesn't mean it isn't due. My responsibility, if I don't pay, the next statement has a 50 dollar late fee. They aren't going to care if I didn't get it. When I needed daycare for my daughter that was my first and upmost important bill. Unfortunally I meet people that don't. If you don't pay daycare you don't have a job/school to pay for the rest of your bills.

I wouldn't send out reminders. If you get swamped or something happens where you aren't able to hand them out, they might think they don't owe you. I have heard of some providers doing this when they have families that owe diffenent amounts every week. I charge by the hour and don't do this. Friday comes, they walk in the door, I tell them the amount, they pull out the cash, I give change and a reciept.