View Single Post
finsup 05:12 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
2 things that I think may be turn offs: On your "Mission" page-the font is difficult to read (it's cute, I get it, but I doubt many are reading it). I'd try to find another font that is easier on the eyes.

Your photos: I COMPLETELY understand what's going on, but parents may not: the one with the kids in highchairs-I'd retake that with ZERO clutter in the background. Move the dog crate, make sure that it looks PERFECT. My own house can look like a tornado hit during daycare, so please don't feel insulted, but for photos-I'd make everything look absolutely neat as a pin.
I agree. Us providers know what goes on but parents seem to really prefer the "nice, tidy, organized" space. As a parent, I would worry about my child having access to a diaper bag with who knows what in it (even though I'm sure it was perfectly fine, just thinking like a new client). Same with an older child holding a bottle. I would be like um wait, is she letting bigger kids give babies bottles? Stuff like that. Cute pic, but could turn people off.

The not having rates or giving a quote before a tour, I know personally that would be a turn off. I would want to at least have a baseline price before we both wasted each other's time if it wasn't something I could afford. I definitely get that quality care IS priceless, but lots of parents are on a budget so that could be a deterrent.

And last thing, don't bad mouth other care. Even saying you provide higher quality care then others and you've seen it first hand. It could be true, but it makes it look like your worried about them. Don't be. Talk up all the good about your program, what you have to offer and leave everyone else out of it. I always tell parents I'm more concerned with it being a good fit, and please do interview others. My main concern is you find the absolute best place for your family and if that's with me, that's great. Parents have responded really well to that. You come off looking professional, confident, and it shows you know your program is awesome. So much so you don't even worry about the competition

But yeah, minor stuff, overall it looked nice! Enrollments here tend to pick up in the next month or so and hopefully that's the case for you!